Sony Playstation Repair Solutions by booBeam.com
Welcome to our Sony Playstation support section.
Here you will find useful videos, guides and downloads to get your favourite gaming console back up and running in no time.
Based within Europe? We are now offering a Xbox and Playstation repair service – Get in touch to find our more.
Our Recommended Tools
To make your repair easier, we recommend purchasing high quality tools. Below are a selection of tools we use everyday and recommend
Downloads and System Files
Here we have the latest Playstation System Update files. To upgrade your Playstation, follow the steps below. Reinstalling your PS4 system software will delete all of the data contained in your PS4 system storage; this process is often referred to as a “factory” or “hard” reset.
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder on the USB named “PS4”. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file (below) and save it in the “UPDATE” folder. Save the file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Ensure that the “PS4” folder is at the root of the USB storage device, and not contained in another folder: USB (D:) > PS4 > UPDATE.
- Connect a PS4 controller (using a USB cable) and the USB drive to the PS4 system.
- Start the PS4 system in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3 “Update System Software”.
- Select [Update from USB Storage Device] > [OK].
PlayStation Operating System Update
Remember that reinstalling your PS4 system software will delete all of the data contained in your PS4 system storage.
Our booBeam FAQ
Below you will find frequently asked questions, and our answers
What does error code E-82000000 mean on a Playstation?
This means game error - the games disc you are trying to load or download has been corrupted.
Why am I getting an CE-33992-6 error code?
This means your gamer ID is not signed in correctly. Check your internet connection