Sony Playstation Repair Solutions by booBeam.com
Welcome to our Sony Playstation support section.
Here you will find useful videos, guides and downloads to get your favourite gaming console back up and running in no time.
Based within Europe? We are now offering a Xbox and Playstation repair service – Get in touch to find our more.
Our Recommended Tools
To make your repair easier, we recommend purchasing high quality tools. Below are a selection of tools we use everyday and recommend
Downloads and System Files
Here we have the latest Playstation System Update files. To upgrade your Playstation, follow the steps below. Reinstalling your PS4 system software will delete all of the data contained in your PS4 system storage; this process is often referred to as a “factory” or “hard” reset.
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder on the USB named “PS4”. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file (below) and save it in the “UPDATE” folder. Save the file with the file name “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
- Ensure that the “PS4” folder is at the root of the USB storage device, and not contained in another folder: USB (D:) > PS4 > UPDATE.
- Connect a PS4 controller (using a USB cable) and the USB drive to the PS4 system.
- Start the PS4 system in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3 “Update System Software”.
- Select [Update from USB Storage Device] > [OK].
PlayStation Operating System Update
Remember that reinstalling your PS4 system software will delete all of the data contained in your PS4 system storage.
Playstation Support FAQ
How do I fix the resolution on my ps4?
Hold down the power key until you hear a second beep and the console's light is off. Now, hold the power key and keep pressing it until once again you hear a second beep. It will boot up in Safe Mode. You can now select the Change Resolution option and your PS4 will restart.
What does error code E-82000000 mean on a Playstation?
This means game error - the games disc you are trying to load or download has been corrupted.
Why am I getting an CE-33992-6 error code?
This means your gamer ID is not signed in correctly. Check your internet connection
How do I start my ps4 in safe mode?
Turn off your console and then hold down the power button until you hear 2 beeps (this usually takes 7-8 seconds). Connect the DualShock 4 controller using the provided USB cable and then press the PS button to access Safe Mode.
What is the Playstation white Light of Death?
This is when the Playstation boots, but your TV shows No Signal - it just means that it's not getting the signal through the HDMI cable from your PS4 console.